8 January 2015

Stash Busting Pledge 2015

I've been participating in a Stashbusting sewalong for 2 years now, and am really looking forward to participating again this year, for more than one reason.


In my first year I was trying to be good and just use up the fabric that I had, so I pledged to not buy any additional fabric (more or less), and last year my goal was to sew up twice as much fabric as I bought. So, even though my stash isn't that much smaller than when I first started out, here's my pledge for 2015:

"I, Andrea, of Obsessive Creativeness, pledge to end the year with no more fabric in my personal stash than I started with"

In other words, for every metre I buy, am gifted or otherwise acquire, I need to sew up a metre. (Or in my husband's words - "That's not stash busting, that's stash replacement!")

I will be tracking my usage and purchases by the metre, instead of my ad-hoc method in 2014, which consisted of thinking back to what I'd bought during the year, comparing that to blog posts, and hoping that I didn't miss anything.

Side note: I have a confession to make. I have already acquired about 1.5m 8.5m of fabric, and it's only the first week of the month!

But wait, that's not all! This year I will be helping out with the sewalong too! I will be your sewalong host for the month of May, with the theme of "Lingerie." That's right, more opportunities for me to write about bra making (amongst other things). I'm so excited, I can't wait for my month to come! Thank you Emily for the chance to be a bigger part of this exciting initiative!

You can read more about this year's Stashbusting Sewalong here. If you want to join in, read this post first, and make your pledge on Emily's post.


No comments:

Post a Comment