29 January 2013

Stashbusting Sewalong

I had another post all ready to publish about how I came across some lovely pieces of fabric that are in my fabric stash, patiently waiting to be sewn into something. I've put it on hold for a little while though, as during another one of my trips across the blogosphere this evening, half paying attention to the TV, I came across this stashbusting challenge over at Tumbleweeds in the Wind. This was via another blog that I had just found Handmade by Carolyn. I found that via a comment on another blog that I discovered in the last week... well, I could go on and on, there are a lot of sewing bloggers out there!



Not only am I finding inspiration for how to use pieces from my stash, I am now finding inspiration from fellow bloggers just to reduce the stash. Do you have a fabric stash issue? Feel like joining in the sewalong? Head over to Tumbleweeds or Cation Designs and pledge how you would like to participate. My pledge is a little wishy washy (you can find it at Tumbleweeds), but I know that whenever I make elaborate plans to sew things for myself (which is what I would want to do with most of my stash), work seems to come my way. Not that I'm complaining, mind you.

I'll be tagging all of my stash busting posts this year with "stash busting sewalong", so wish me luck in reducing that stash, and hopefully gaining some great new clothes for my wardrobe, along with some other new things.


2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Are you joining up? I thought you already busted your fabric stash. You could, of course, pledge to sew up all the fabric that you have left, or maybe even use some of mine!

      Delete