12 October 2014

Stashbusting Sewalong: September Theme "Children"

I know I totally missed posting this in September, but I also missed sewing most of this in September! The (optional) theme for last month's stashbusting sewalong was making something for or inspired by, children.

I was thinking of tackling a quilt cover for my daughter, but really didn't have any time to even think about that, and as yet have still done nothing about it. My brother however, asked if I could make a few sleeping bags for his daughter. She is growing like a weed, and has already outgrown all of the sleeping bags made by my sister and I for her and then and my children!


My niece had fun playing with the fabric that I pulled out as I let my brother shop my stash (sorry, I left my phone downstairs when we did that, so you'll have to trust me when I say you missed out on all the cuteness!)

These were pretty straightforward. I just lengthened and slightly widened the pattern that I had, (McCalls 9407, view B), and crossed my fingers that it would all work out.


Looks fine to me! Here's the finished sleeping bags. Two for summer, and one for winter (I hope she still fits in it by next winter). The blue minky (on the right) I had bought to make something for my son, probably before he was born, and then never got around to doing anything with. All gone!

The striped floral jersey you may recognise from this dress that I made for my daughter at the start of last year. The fabric was from my sister who made me promise to use it and not let it languish in my stash, as it had been doing in hers. That's most of it made up now, but there's still some scraps left that I could use on something else.


I'm not sure why I bought the other blue jersey, but it's gone now! So that's 3 pieces of fabric done! I just wish I'd been keeping better records of all my fabric coming in and going out so that I knew how I was going against my stashbusting pledge this year! I'll have to go through my recent acquisitions and work it out before the end of the year!


No comments:

Post a Comment