20 March 2014

One year ago today: Chanel Paris

At this time last year, I was fulfilling a life long dream of visiting Paris. Oh, I miss Paris! I think my husband was hoping that once I'd been there it would be out of my system, but having been there once just makes me want to go back and see more!

One year ago today was our first day of touristy things in Paris, and at the end of a day filled with walking past Notre Dame, visiting le Eiffel Tower, a visit to the Musee des Egouts, l'Arc de Triomphe, a stroll down the Champs Elysee, (complete with chocolate shopping), the Disney Store (blame the husband. And the children) and Haagen Dazs (because where else would you go for afternoon tea when you're getting a little chilly)! Then a walk through Place de la Concorde, we finished with a walk past Chanel's flagship store front at 31 Rue Cambon with what little energy I had left that day.

I took some photos of the store front (of course), but never really got around to showing them off. So, here they are. Chanel. March 20, 2013.

Window display
Store front
This is the staircase where Coco used to sit
to watch all of her fashion shows from.
Don't mind the reflection from the windows!
Despite reading (in a book I have on Paris by Janelle McCulloch) that the staff are quite friendly, and don't mind you just coming in for a look, I felt rather intimidated and so stayed outside to take photos.

Maybe next time I go I'll actually have the courage to go inside!


No comments:

Post a Comment