10 November 2014

Black and White Striped Top

Continuing on from my list of priority sewing, this was actually the first thing that I finished of the four items I mentioned. Here is my new favourite top, made with the remnants from my striped long sleeve dress.



I made a similar top a few years ago (pre blogging), and really like the style with it's gathers front and back, and a bit of interest with the crossed straps at the back. For my first version I also added beading to the neckline. Having worn it now for a few years, I knew that it would need a few modifications if I were to make another one like this, such as strap placement at front, curve under the arm and placement of gathers at the front.

First top that I made in this style

These subtle changes meant that I needed to redraft quite a few of the pattern pieces before I cut this one out. I love a quick make, and this top was done in a day or so. Of course, I don't really have anything to wear that goes with it, so now I need more new clothes. What I shame, I need to sew more clothes for myself!



1 comment:

  1. I love the crossed straps at the back and the lovely shaped neckline at the front. A total winner!

    ReplyDelete